Virtual Band

Luke

Any one think about making a virtual band here??? I think someone should... I'd join it!!! I just dont have enough skillz to make one... or be in one for that matter... I made a few riffs here and there but they're not to great mostly soft rock type of songs.... Well I think someone should do this.. It would be a great experience...

Any one think about making a virtual band here??? I think someone should... I'd join it!!! I just dont have enough skillz to make one... or be in one for that matter... I made a few riffs here and there but they're not to great mostly soft rock type of songs.... Well I think someone should do this.. It would be a great experience...

I think the idea COULD be good but to be honest, as discussed many times before, playing together is near impossible with latencys created by the internet etc, so perhaps more "sharing riffs" than a virtual band is more realstic

Also check the signature rules dude, only 2 lines allowed :D

~~ TS ~~

Edited by TenderSurrender

you dont really have to play together.... just record them seperately... and score them together. It could be difficult but a lot of people do it these days... it doesn't really sound as good but it works lol

Okay I changed it

you dont really have to play together.... just record them seperately... and score them together. It could be difficult but a lot of people do it these days... it doesn't really sound as good but it works lol

Okay I changed it

Using that idea but changing it slightly, i think a cool little "project" would be to say, someone start a powertab (or other tab format :D) and write say 4 bars

Then we nominate a member and get them to write the next 4 if they have time, with that, slowly work our away along until we have a master piece :D

~~ TS ~~

Edited by TenderSurrender

You'd have to make a little schedule though so that people don't work out 2 differenct parts to go in one place. Maybe eventually people could even record the song, or parts of it and it could get pieced together or soemthing by someone with the right programs and stuff.

Well id be more then happy to record parts of it here, and ill rope in the rest of the guys in the band to record so when its done we can do it like tht if people like? :D

Also good point Haggardguy, i think perhaps a mod could sticky this and then one of us create a "timetable" of who wants to do it and then when there time slot and bar numbers begin!

And yeh i chose 4 bars because thats the usual phrase length in a song, if its not cool, then perhaps 2 or 6?

Glad people liked my idea :D

~~ TS ~~

I actualy think that when its done if you have band and can record you should do a version, theres bout to be lots of people in bands here so there for we got lots of differant versions of the same song, as style of playing will be differant. If it ends up being a metal song, itd be cool to see a jazz bands interpritation of it. Just a thought

I actualy think that when its done if you have band and can record you should do a version, theres bout to be lots of people in bands here so there for we got lots of differant versions of the same song, as style of playing will be differant. If it ends up being a metal song, itd be cool to see a jazz bands interpritation of it. Just a thought

Definitly a good idea Marzocchi, this way we wil have many different variations, perhaps when were all done we can then send it to one person who can arrange the different variations, chuck it on cd and have the first ever PG forums cd :D

My current influences are Hendrix and Lenny Kravitz style solos so could be interesting :D

~~ TS ~~