Tiny Screws For Direct-mounting Pickups

i'm looking for tiny wood screws for direct-mounting pickups. the screws Stew Mac sells are too long and too fat [and too soft]. i'd like to get some screws that match the ones in my Ibanez, which are #2 gauge, 5/8" long, roundhead, with a philips socket. and they're black.

does anyone know a good source for unusual, tiny gauge wood screws like this? i haven't found anything close at any of the usual guitar supply places [stew Mac, Warmoth]. i've also googled bulk fastener suppliers and haven't found anything there either.

thanks for any help.

Hrm, they have bunchs of these things at my local hardware store (the nice, locally owned one - nothing against the big guys, they just don't seem to have a good selection of little screws.) Don't know if I've seen them in black, but they got stainless steel - that should be hard enough, right? Have you tried calling around? I'm always surprised at what I can find locally with a little legwork.

McMaster-Carr supply

i forgot to mention that i did check them--i've ordered from them before. they didn't have any roundhead wood screws that small.

and j. pierce, my local hardware store has no philips-head wood screws smaller than #4.

you direct-mount folks out there--what screws do you use?

Edited by scott from _actual time_

Try McMaster part number 92470A101. $3.68/100. They are panhead/phillips/stainless. That small of a screw should hide the slight flattened portion of the panhead.

thanks for the tip, but if i can't find roundhead wood screws, i might as well use humbucker ring mounting screws. they have countersunk heads, but at least i could get them in the right color.