Selling: Laney Pro Tube 30w Combo Aor

Pott

Hey guys! I have here a Laney pro tube 30W combo that I JUST retubed and rebiased: JJ 6V6s, JJECC83S (2) and I have in the mail two Ruby ECC83 that will complete the retubing. The amp can do any sounds, but I just don't like its overall voicing. I'm hoping to get enough money for a Laney LC15R so let's say £200 plus shipping? If you chose to have it shipped you'd have to tell me how because I have NO CLUE on how to get to it. Furthermore I have no cars and not many ways of moving around. Local collection (Edinburgh, Scotland) is the ideal solution but I can understand if you want it shipped. I'm opened to offers or straight trades for good 15W tube amps as well. Shoot! PM for any questions. If the price seem too much for you do tell me so.

Edited by Pott

28.85 pounds for 2 days guaranteed, with parcelforce, assuming it's 30 kilos. 26 pounds of it's 25. I'm not sure of the weight, we have no scales here so I can't weigh it... I don't know many other couriers so if you think of any, tell me and meanwhile I'll try to get the weight. Next week is exam week though so I won't have a whole lot of time. After that though it's the holidays so I'll be able to do it.

I'm sorely tempted. Really am. But... if somebody gives you a solid deal, go with it.

If it's still there when I get my indecisive arse decided, I'd love to have it, but I'm not sure if I can afford it right now, and I don't want you to lose a sale on my account.

Ok, can I get a bit more info - specs are hard to track down,and the Laney website has no info at all.

As far as I can tell, the Pro Tube 30 is one of the AOR series, like the one shown on this site: http://www.geocities.com/mutantpress2002/m...store_amps.html

A basic rundown of features would be great, as far as I can tell it's single channel, tube combo, reverb, good sounds, switchable gain with particualrly nice high gain tones. Anything else to know?

It's basically a JCM800 preamp with an extra gain stage.

4 12AX7s pre tube: Preamp 1, pre2, phase shifter/EQ boost and driver

2 6V6s power tube, 30W.

Reverb

Boost on EQ (for bass, treble and mids), as well as AOR boost on preamp 1 (which has A LOT of gain. Not Mesa like, but more than a standard JCM800 I'd say).

preamp 1 and preamp 2 volumes (preamp 1 pulls for boost), as well as preamp 1 level (which works when the boost is on only). Think of it as 2 gain knobs and a level knob for the preamp 1 boost, which is just like having a clean boost in front basically.

Footswitch socket for Laney FS2 which kicks in the AOR and reverb. Footswitch not included.

Presence control.

High and low sensitivity inputs.

Effects loop (bog standard as far as I can tell)

Speaker socket. You can use external speakers with it, at 8ohms, but without the standard celesion if you do so.

DI output socket.

And yep it's an AOR. On the front it says Laney Pro tube , AOR series.

Ok I think that covers it hehe...

Possible trade for ENGL 530 preamp, or for a decent poweramp, or for a 15W all tube combo (or less) with effects loops and external speaker connection. SHOOT!

DSCF1790.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

Edited by Pott