Mixing Pots?

Im not sure if this question has been asked before or not, but I did search quite a bit, but couldnt find anything. Can you mix different value pots together? I was thinking about putting 2 100k pots for my tones and a 500k or 250K for my volume. Im not sure how it would sound, it is just something that I was wondering about since I have terrible insomnia and my mind is moving a mile a minute :D Also while Im hear, how deep of a tone would it be if I used 3 100k pots on 3 single coil pickups?

You can mix values as long as all volume pots are the same. Tones can be whatever you want but you need at LEAST 100k to get the highs through when the pot is all the way up. The value of the pot has no effect on the lows as any pot can be turned to near zero ohms. The capacitor in the tone circuit determines amount of high-cut. 100k sounds a bit too low to me. Tone ROCKS! :D

You can mix values as long as all volume pots are the same. Tones can be whatever you want but you need at LEAST 100k to get the highs through when the pot is all the way up. The value of the pot has no effect on the lows as any pot can be turned to near zero ohms. The capacitor in the tone circuit determines amount of high-cut. 100k sounds a bit too low to me. Tone ROCKS! :D

Ok so 100k is pretty much going to sound like turd? I kinda figured, but I just wanted to make sure. I think Im going to stick with 250k, or 500k with a .22uf cap on it. If I were to use a 100k pot I want to use a smaller cap, such as a .01uf cap correct?