Reranch

Vance23

• 1 year later...

I don't know about the forum but the store is often closed now.

Actually, I am a builder and refinsher and the store is closed so much that I have resorted to making my own lacquer paints and have spent hundreds of hours doing all the research to color match and source all the original Fender colors in instrument grade nitro. I never wanted to go into the paint business but to recoupe all my expenses and to keep my guitar business going I am considering selling color matched guitar lacquers as soon as I have my stuff together.

I have had angry customers come take their guitars out of my shop cause I could not give them due dates or make my original promise dates due to paint availability.

My main intent was to be a builder/refurbisher and specialty pickup maker, but everyone wants paint work too because so few people do it and body shops only want to do car work and only if it is insurance work. It is hard and fussy work but I like to bring guitars back from the grave.

I am new to this forum but why don't you ask your finishing questions on one of the sites here?

Constantine

Did you every get the confirmation email from reranch Gibson? I tried a few days ago and haven't gotten one yet. At looking through their stuff it sounds great, but since being here at PG I have heard of many issues with them being closed. This doesn't really bother me personally because I would likely just buy one load at a time of everything I will need for one project + plenty of extra just in case I go through it. J

• 2 weeks later...
If you're trying to get into the Reranch store today, try this link: http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/

I dint check your links probably says the same thing. I emailed Reranch when I could not get on the Yahoo site to order about 6 months ago. I did get a email reply that he was too busy to add additional orders to his work load. So when he is really busy he brings the site down. Seems like he wants his shop kept small and probably wants to not have to add staff or expand. Seems a little excentric to me to not expand if the market is there.

Edited by Woodenspoke

If you're trying to get into the Reranch store today, try this link: http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/

I dint check your links probably says the same thing. I emailed Reranch when I could not get on the Yahoo site to order about 6 months ago. I did get a email reply that he was too busy to add additional orders to his work load. So when he is really busy he brings the site down. Seems like he wants his shop kept small and probably wants to not have to add staff or expand. Seems a little excentric to me to not expand if the market is there.

Ok, whatever. I wasn't asking for complaints (I don't work for Bill).

The thing is, www.reranch.com is down today so I just offered another way into the store, which was open when I posted the link. :D

I dint check your links probably says the same thing. I emailed Reranch when I could not get on the Yahoo site to order about 6 months ago. I did get a email reply that he was too busy to add additional orders to his work load. So when he is really busy he brings the site down. Seems like he wants his shop kept small and probably wants to not have to add staff or expand. Seems a little eccentric to me to not expand if the market is there.

Ok, whatever. I wasn't asking for complaints (I don't work for Bill).

The thing is, www.reranch.com is down today so I just offered another way into the store, which was open when I posted the link. :D

Wasn't a complaint at all?????? I want to rephrase that message the site was running but when you press the buy button a password comes up he does not bring the site down. I checked there today and he has the site locked (password comes up) which means he has back orders. This is just info for the site I have no complaints what so ever since I only order on occasion from him. I prefer to mix my own paints anyway and use spray equipment. But when I have used his spray paint I found it as claimed a good can of spray lacquer in hard to find colors, great for more extensive repair work without all the fuss.

Thank you. That what one of the initial questions I was asking. When I first tried the site, it just brought up a password login and I didn't know what to do, so I tried signing up on the forum and such with no luck. Then it was up and I could get in all of a sudden, so I basically figured it out, but I appreciate the clarification on this woodenspoke.

I've been going back and forth about going with this product or going for the equipment. I plan on doing many finishes in the years to come, but at the same time, all the tools I've bought recently has left me strapped for cash and going with this stuff on this project would be much easier with all the considering. It sounds like great stuff too, oh well plenty of time to think. Again, thanks for the clarification on that Woodenspoke. J

Edited by jmrentis