Another Podxt Sound Sample

Guest AlexVDL

What kind of ceramic pickups are you using... wait.. lemme guess?? emgs??

When I bought podxt live, I had a huge misconception that I could've had the crappiest guitar in the world and still sound as if I had a tube. I did end up exchanging it for BossGT8, and as time passes, we all learn. And so did I...

So.. my point. Nice tone and sound. :D

-IR

I didn't use as much gain as usual

wow :D

Nice playing!

Over the years I've steadily reduced the amount of preamp gain I'm using (the power amp is still on 10, though B)). I love actually hearing the tone of the guitar vs. the preamp. Kind of a Townshend-ish less gain = bigger sound thing.

But to each his own. :D

You can't emulate that with any modeler, but still the pod is great :D

Yeah, I generally agree, although last year I attended a clinic with a guy named Lincoln Brewster, and he was using a PodXT with a tweaked Plexi patch and it sounded exactly like the real thing... of course, this guy could probably play through a tin can & string setup and sound amazing. :D

That's why I'm selling my digitech and buying a new tube amp. A tube amp with a good amount of gain and a high volume sounds much better and clearer than a high gain sound, but still you can get that high gain cruch. If you listen to metallica's recordings then you'll notice they really don't use that much gain. But it sounds heavy!! :D

+1

Nothing like that sweet power tube crunch! B)