Dragon Guitar

Interestingly, those attachments have no effect upon my playing style...lol

Hmmm....those dragons look like they are going to carve themselves...good stuff

How thick is that body blank, although it's large, it doesn't look as if it will be that heavy once all that carving is done....

If you start worrying about comfort while sitting down, inevitably you will lean towards such things as drink holders and remote control onboard LCD screens...mine is even wireless you'll note! (my next will be stringless resulting in a truely silent, and ultimate ergonomic instrument)...

Although, dressed in a suit of armour this is unlikely to be of concern, but should it be I note darkside has his own line of guitar straps...already in production is a dragon strap with free pick holder and pick especially made for the import version of this guitar it would seem...

Darkside Dragon Guitar Strap

Carry on...it's good to see the thing morphing into reality, or is reality morphing around it...you certainly are working fast... pete

btw...in order to create my infinitely sustaining guitar I had to make some extreme non-sustaining instruments such as these to counterbalance the reality effect. Using the same effect, such instruments like mine that cost nothing to make, allows for such instruments like yours of unestimately high value to be created. PRS effectively traded therefore directly upon the decline in quality at Gibson...now the Les Paul is improving, we are seeing a lessening in PRS...it's all ying and yang and balancing the dragons

Interestingly, those attachments have no effect upon my playing style...lol

Hmmm....those dragons look like they are going to carve themselves...good stuff

How thick is that body blank, although it's large, it doesn't look as if it will be that heavy once all that carving is done....

If you start worrying about comfort while sitting down, inevitably you will lean towards such things as drink holders and remote control onboard LCD screens...mine is even wireless you'll note! (my next will be stringless resulting in a truely silent, and ultimate ergonomic instrument)...

Although, dressed in a suit of armour this is unlikely to be of concern, but should it be I note darkside has his own line of guitar straps...already in production is a dragon strap with free pick holder and pick especially made for the import version of this guitar it would seem...

Darkside Dragon Guitar Strap

Carry on...it's good to see the thing morphing into reality, or is reality morphing around it...you certainly are working fast... pete

btw...in order to create my infinitely sustaining guitar I had to make some extreme non-sustaining instruments such as these to counterbalance the reality effect. Using the same effect, such instruments like mine that cost nothing to make, allows for such instruments like yours of unestimately high value to be created. PRS effectively traded therefore directly upon the decline in quality at Gibson...now the Les Paul is improving, we are seeing a lessening in PRS...it's all ying and yang and balancing the dragons

Sir Pete...super-natural...you for seen my thoughts...The body is 2" thick and is really heavy.... But as you can see I will have alot of wittling to do, 2" is really thick...but in those area's that are higher...I need that extra thickness...this wood was straight from the ole mill, from the darkside of the castle....still had the rough cut...none planed...Hmmm...I did hold it sideways to kinda get that feel...and it didn't feel comfortable at all....But, it is not carved yet and alot will come off, espeacially where my arm goes over it...as for the heaviness ...remember the document chamber...I was concerned about the size...but there again certain gretches have large bodies also...And therefore, Sir Pete you are right! If I start concerning myself with these matters I will be grabbing for the remote...Cool strap....Must find a better one though, that one doesn't do it...maybe heavy black leather with dragons and holders for Dragon slaying weapontry....Note ...I do like that little guitar...just the way you sent it to me...and it is inspiring to see...although...there is more work in that little guitar than most realize... A laborer is one who works with his hands, A craftman is someone who works with his hands and mind, And Sir Pete...An Artist is someone who works with his hands, mind and heart! That lil guitar is a peice of art....Well its off to the ole dungeon to chip away some more.....- Darkside

Back to the headstock. I personally think that it should be a 6 in line headstock. Something a bit longer and pointy with a dragon's tail motif in mind. Nothing too outrageous, just something that makes you forget its the headstock of a guitar.

Actually... I played around with that thought ...The ole pointed tale...but...I'm not to the head yet ...but I do like the idea of rubies in the eyes of the dragons (PSW Idea) ....I put real diamonds..In the carved dragon shift knob in my T-bucket car and it looked awesome...I was thinking of jewels for the tuners..if yo look closely thats the sword of darkness headstock... I know I have my work cut out for me with this headstock...Thanks -Darkside

The two headed dragon from the Darkside

….As the Darkness drifts silently away into the morning light…I begin to labor more and more on the carvings, known to be a siren of an instrument. Yes, it is said… while playing this instrument of dragon lure, It would bring the two headed dragon within range of using the “Sword of Darkness” …Thrusting it downward between the necks …There would be great super sounds from the dragon, that one would of never imagine or ever have a chance to hear….So, as the time grows near…I’ll pick up my carving tools and whittle away…knowing the meeting of the two headed dragon will be here.. soon - The Darkside

P.S. Will post pics soon...

292a713f.jpg

Edited by Darkside

if a dragon has two heads do they get along? like if they got in battles what if one killed the other, would that side of the body go limp and the other have to drag it along, or would its heads just dangle until it eventually rotted off, why do i think aout these things?

PS anxious for pics!!!

or would its heads just dangle until it eventually rotted off

I imagine they don't get along knowing that if one head even fell asleep, the other would probably bite off the other and eat it. It's know wonder they always look so angry with that cronic indigestion too! I guess having the ability to grow back it's own head like a lizard it's tail helps...

BTW...i'm interested to know how it will be finished, something flame proof I trust...will we be seeing some butane torches in the cavities with audio sensor flame triggers?

pete

if a dragon has two heads do they get along? like if they got in battles what if one killed the other, would that side of the body go limp and the other have to drag it along, or would its heads just dangle until it eventually rotted off, why do i think aout these things?

PS anxious for pics!!!

Well...Hmmm ...You must have a Darkside! But they do get along ...cause they are controlled by one brain...Much harder to battle a two headed dragon than with only one head...Kinda hard to sneak upon it

- Darkside

P.S. maybe by next weekend can post some pics

or would its heads just dangle until it eventually rotted off

I imagine they don't get along knowing that if one head even fell asleep, the other would probably bite off the other and eat it. It's know wonder they always look so angry with that cronic indigestion too! I guess having the ability to grow back it's own head like a lizard it's tail helps...

BTW...i'm interested to know how it will be finished, something flame proof I trust...will we be seeing some butane torches in the cavities with audio sensor flame triggers?

pete

Your are right about its head growing back...and there are two brains... fuctioning as one...they only snap at each other ,because of the brains trying to cordinate between the two...

I'm thinking black for the finish (I like the Darkness) but natural would be nice too?, With a clear coat? What ya think...Sir Pete? I do like the Audio Flame Trigger idea...Although the way the dragons will be facing...ya might end up with a fried finger or two?lol ...How about something coming from the hidden chamber expelled out the bottom as to when its sideways ya can burn a band member....(oops...sorry dude I didn't mean to burn ya!) I'd probally be saying that alot? ..I do have alot carved already...but... a whole lot more to go...Have any Idea on the pickups and bridge? I really want something to express it, tone wise...Got to be in chrome look as well...even though they are gold looking in tha picture...

-Darkside

Ohhh...so dark

I really want something to express it, tone wise...Got to be in chrome look as well...

Well, how about a trio of plain covered crome humbuckers (maybe PRS Dragons) or may 3 (or even 4) mini humbuckers with plain covers a bit like on a firebird... I am having trouble working out exactly how the fretboard will be finished to give the idea if a sword. Of course you could use a real sword, but you could cut off the hands if not played with chain-mail gauntlets!

I think flaming out the poor dragons bottoms is a bit much...a little poor taste I would have thought. Still, I guess it is a legitimate battle tactic for a creature that has split it's mind between too brains!

I'm thinking black for the finish (I like the Darkness) but natural would be nice too?,

Well...the last one was black and people were disappointed with you hiding the mahogany beneath the finish. I think natural, but perhaps a lttle stain to highlight the shadows of the scales...a little antiquing if you like.

A little more thought into the fretboard so it can match it from the top to tail perhaps...actually the mock up is pretty darn close to giving the effect required....

pete