Strange Buzzing From 10-14 Fret

Hello all, got a pretty serious situation with my old les paul copy. After replacing the original truss rod which was shot, with a new one and re-gluing the fretboard back on; which I tried to follow a good tutorial to the letter BTW, the low E, A, & D from the 10-14th fret have this fuzzy,dead, buzz sound when you open string hammer a note. If played just open or fretted the note sounds okay though, could those frets have somehow loosened up from the heating process when I removed the neck using the steam iron method and may lifted a little bit. Any info would be most welcome,

Thanks

It's possible a fret could've worked loose.

It's also possible the steam process caused a swelling in the fingerboard and you've got a hump in it now. A lot of online tutorials don't mention these little snafus you can have. Which one did you use?

What you're going to have to do is get a good straightedge to evaluate the fretboard. Also some feeler gauges to check under the frets to see if you've got a raised one.

Also read www.frets.com ... it's simply absolutely the best web lutherie resource there is. It's acoustic but frets are frets. You are quite possibly looking at a fret levelling job here if one of them didn't lift.

It's possible a fret could've worked loose.

It's also possible the steam process caused a swelling in the fingerboard and you've got a hump in it now. A lot of online tutorials don't mention these little snafus you can have. Which one did you use?

What you're going to have to do is get a good straightedge to evaluate the fretboard. Also some feeler gauges to check under the frets to see if you've got a raised one.

Also read www.frets.com ... it's simply absolutely the best web lutherie resource there is. It's acoustic but frets are frets. You are quite possibly looking at a fret levelling job here if one of them didn't lift.

I used the clothes iron steam technique, sighting down the fretboard it appears very slightly raised in that area. I got the wood damper than I should I have while steaming no doubt. I guess it's time for a trip to the only luthier in town for a possble fret level and/or is there a good tutorial for a greenhorn repairman like me on leveling. Thanks man for responding.