Hey Mattia,

I'm posting this rather than dropping you a PM, just in case any other of the Dutch bunch happen to read it and want to come along.

I'll be flying off to Amsterdam on Thursday night, if you fancy that beer?

I'll be landing, getting to the hotel and just dumping my bag, then straight of to the Rokerij (by the flower market). Should be in there by about 9pm if all goes according to plan. They'll be three of us, two blokes and my girlfriend. She's the good looking one and we're (the blokes) are the ugly ones. Just ask the strange looking ones if they're Kaj (pronounced Kai) or Padders.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha, I'm back.

Any of you been to the windmill and drank their extreamly strong beer? Fun up to the third pint, then things got a bit wobbly.

Met my mates nephew and ended up in a 24 hour pub (where you could also smoke) until about 3.30am. He was a student at Amsterdam uni and could speak English better than me.

Anyway, had a great time. Going back again next year (already got another 2 holidays booked for this year so run out of money). Got to see if they remember me in the windmill :D

it's been a mildly insane period for me

You must have been drinking the beer from the windmill. :D

Well, shouldn't be too long before I'm out there again, if things are less insane then I'm always up for a beer, especially if it's about 10% ABV and made in a windmill. The same goes if anyone happens to find themselves in the Midlands of the UK.