I Would Like To Invite All Of You....

I would like to invite all of you to my new forums. It is still in its rough stage but I would like to get it going. It mainly focuses on tone, amp building, playing guides, home recording, amp plans, guitar templates. I did put a guitar building section in but I dont wish to take away anything from this forum. I hope to get a few tutorials on my Marshall 18 watt and my Vox ac30 up soon. My goal is to get some of you advance members over there.

But all of you are welcome to join!

http://harrison.jonathanwallace.net/forums

Hope to see you all there!

Looks like a good start. thetoneproject.com fails to load.

You may want to add some other name brand amp forums versus dumping everything else that is not fender, marshall or vox into other. ie Peavey, Behringer and Crate. Add a hardware category to recording.

Just some thoughts...

Nice color choice. Reminds me of the kind of colors I was thinking about when I had the idea of making a 'Guitar Mechanic' forum.

Just try not to put any psycho-nazis in a position of power.

And all the wasted space in the middle... not that your forum is the only one like that, but if a forum owner wanted to change that, is it possible ?

I definitly agree that there should be some more catagories, that way more organisation can be achived :D

Also do you mean the "open space" is the bit between the left hand side title and the right where the post count etc is? if so thats not very easily changed since its all to do with the screen res of your computer (as far as im aware anyway)

~~ TS ~~

It will also have a homesite which will include videos on playing, video tutorials, online tuners, tutorials and a hella lot more.

Nice ideas guys!

Is anybody having trouble with the sign up? Somebody told me they had trouble.

Registering seems fine to me :D

It will also have a homesite which will include videos on playing, video tutorials, online tuners, tutorials and a hella lot more.

Just remember how much bandwith you are going to use streaming videos! The online tuner thing could be cool, theres a few about already if you need the ideas (most are Java based but ive seen one or two flash based)

If you need anyhelp with that forum of yours gimme a shout, i moderate on a couple of boards and im admin of another, so i know my way around the control panel fairly well now :D

~~ TS ~~

The premise of the site is good, but I think some of the forums are unnecessary and a bit unclear. For example - Cabinet Design - if it's about people designing and building cabinets, it's "In Progress Builds", if it's a tutorial on what to think about, it's already covered in "Amp Building Tutorials", and if it's related to the cabinet design of production/already made amps, it's covered in one of the first 4 forums.

Could do with a general chat forum up the top?

Guitar Setups - if it's for electric it could go into 'electric guitar', if for acoustic, similar. Just feels like it's un-needed with those two already there.

And as for songwriting - you only really need one forum to discuss all aspects of songwriting, same for homerecording.

All the really successful forums I've ever seen develop small 'sub-communities', (take Harmony Central's Effects forum or Amps forum for example), of members that post on the board most suited to their interest.

If you have too many categories, people thin out amongst those other forums, and those sub-communities don't develop, which keeps the board as a whole thin at a certain number of members.

I think the forum's a great idea, just needs a bit of refining to make it clearer - so people know exactly where to post whatever they have, you know?

The premise of the site is good, but I think some of the forums are unnecessary and a bit unclear. For example - Cabinet Design - if it's about people designing and building cabinets, it's "In Progress Builds", if it's a tutorial on what to think about, it's already covered in "Amp Building Tutorials", and if it's related to the cabinet design of production/already made amps, it's covered in one of the first 4 forums.

Could do with a general chat forum up the top?

Guitar Setups - if it's for electric it could go into 'electric guitar', if for acoustic, similar. Just feels like it's un-needed with those two already there.

And as for songwriting - you only really need one forum to discuss all aspects of songwriting, same for homerecording.

All the really successful forums I've ever seen develop small 'sub-communities', (take Harmony Central's Effects forum or Amps forum for example), of members that post on the board most suited to their interest.

If you have too many categories, people thin out amongst those other forums, and those sub-communities don't develop, which keeps the board as a whole thin at a certain number of members.

I think the forum's a great idea, just needs a bit of refining to make it clearer - so people know exactly where to post whatever they have, you know?

I think your right. Ill go through it and weed out the usless forums.