Neck Angle?

alright, this is really noobish. i just finished building a bass guitar for myself.. check guitar of the month thread for may to see pictures. now my sister wants me to make her a guitar, but what i noticed on guitars is a neck angle. is this necessary? how do i find the angle? is there even an angle or am i on drugs? please help, i really want to get started on this project. thanks a bunch! :D

i noticed a thread on determining this.. but is it something i must do?

Edited by backsidetailslide

alright, this is really noobish. i just finished building a bass guitar for myself.. check guitar of the month thread for may to see pictures. now my sister wants me to make her a guitar, but what i noticed on guitars is a neck angle. is this necessary? how do i find the angle? is there even an angle or am i on drugs? please help, i really want to get started on this project. thanks a bunch! :D

i noticed a thread on determining this.. but is it something i must do?

It's not something you have to do, but if you don't you might have to make it so the neck is sitting quite high from the body, depending on the bridge you use. Just depends on how you want things to look and feel. Read that thread you found on neck angle again if your still having a hard time understanding the need for a neck angle.