12-hole Humbucker Covers?

pharaohdactyl

Hello all,

I've lurked these forums for awhile and there is so much valuable information here. I figured this would be the best place to ask this question:

Where do I find neck-spaced chrome humbucker covers with 12 holes?

I have a couple Gibson Dirty Fingers which I love, but I want to cover at least the neck pickup, for aesthetic reasons. However, they have 12 screw poles, so I would need either a closed cover or 12-hole cover. I feel that potting the heck out of it and putting it under a closed cover would be a pain, so I would like to try and find a 12-hole cover. Google has failed me utterly; all I can find are some in a catalog in the UK (?!?) and no distributors in the USA. Can anyone help me? Or should I just go with the closed cover?

Thanks for your time.

i have seen such humbuckers with the covers pre-installed on wd music your best bet would be to customize a standard 6 hole replacment also avalible from wd music

hummm....tricky this one....does it have to be a completely solid cover? would a cover like this be acceptable:

covers

example pickups

I don't think I've ever seen a 12 hole cover for sale separetly. It wouldn't be *that* hard to make one from a 6 hole cover but drilling thin metal is a pain in the @$$ especially if you've not got the right equipment.

Robert

Edited by Robert_the_damned

hummm....tricky this one....does it have to be a completely solid cover? would a cover like this be acceptable:

covers

example pickups

I don't think I've ever seen a 12 hole cover for sale separetly. It wouldn't be *that* hard to make one from a 6 hole cover but drilling thin metal is a pain in the @$$ especially if you've not got the right equipment.

Robert

Hmm...yeah, I looked at the filtertron-style ones already but it didn't quite click with me. As far as custom-making...I suck with my drill; I wouldn't even try it. Anyways, I asked the guys at wdmusic and they said they'll be stocking them soon, so I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for your input, guys.