Capacitors

SpeckledJim

I am currently rewiring my epi LP and ive noticed that the caps are too short. I can't stretch them over from the volume pots to the tone pots. Any idea how i can overcome this without buying new caps?

You could add a small piece of wire to extend to whatever length you need.

right so ive got a bit of wire that was previously wired in the guitar but is no longer needed. Will i just solder it on the end there? It's quite thick, its got shielding on it.

you see thats the way it was wired before. I couldnt get all three postions so i got a wiring diagram from guitarelectronics.com and this is the way they said to do it. Have you got a diagram that will let me have 3 postions with the cap grounded to the tone knob?

you see thats the way it was wired before. I couldnt get all three postions so i got a wiring diagram from guitarelectronics.com and this is the way they said to do it. Have you got a diagram that will let me have 3 postions with the cap grounded to the tone knob?

???

How you wire up the tone controls shouldn't affect what pickup positions you get.

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf...0137702APg2.pdf