Suggested Online Stores For Electronics?

m0b1liz3

I was going to place an order with a store based out of Hong Kong. Their prices were fairly good but then they claimed that shipping would cost 25 USD when they quoted $6 on individual items. (These are tone pots and volume pots and a jackplate!) I asked why and the guy wrote some big story about how they are charged 35USD for the first 300g of shipping. I wrote back about how he was such a wonderful altruistic individual for losing money on all of his transactions.

Volume pots and tone pots aren't expensive components. They should be well under 5USD. Anyone know of a decent honest store online that I could order from?

You are joking right? Have you looked on the main site? http://projectguitar.com/ref/supply.htm You may want to start with universal jems (the one who keeps this site going) but any of the vendors on that page will work.

George

You are joking right? Have you looked on the main site? http://projectguitar.com/ref/supply.htm You may want to start with universal jems (the one who keeps this site going) but any of the vendors on that page will work.

George

Sorry, the key piece of info I forgot to mention is that I live in Australia :D currently. I figured someone would know of a store that I could just walk into to get potentiometers. It is a fairly common mass produced item that shouldn't need to be purchased online.

I have looked at Dick Smiths and a few others but they don't have the proper shaft size for the controls. Or alternatively the tips for soldering on to don't have rings.

Ahhh sorry, being in Oz would make a difference. Since you stated US dollars, I assumed you were in the states. And we all know what happens when you assume.

George

Dunno where in Oz you are, but you might try contacting Ormsby Guitars (rhoads56 on this forum). I'm pretty sure he can load you up with everything you could possibly need.

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Standard Wiring Kit - "Strat style" - Includes 5-way lever switch, jack, 3x 250K pots, 1x .050mf cap and wire kit $45.00 (+12 for shipping)

Oops, maybe the guy in HK wasn't so overpriced after all in comparison to Aus! Ah well, he still lied to me with his claims that he gets charged $35 per 300g for shipping. I think I will just buy a mighty mite loaded pickguard and take out the pickups and get a nicer colour pickguard too (and wait forever for it to get shipped here from the US).

Edited by m0b1liz3