Guitar Bridges

I own a standard strat and am planning on swapping the pickups, but I am starting to get quite a taste for this stuff and will probably not stop there. The next upgrade I'm thinking of is the bridge, but I've tried unsucessfully to find info on the web about different types of bridges, what's good/bad, how to install a new bridge, etc...Can anyone direct me to a good website to learn about bridges? What are the benefits of swithcing to a higher quality bridge? Also, my bridge sits at about a 25-30 degree angle off the body of the guitar. Is that typical or does it need adjustment? Thanks,

-Steve

I've found this to be the case with alot of strats I've seen over the years. People change string values without knowing, of god knows what and the bridge works it's way up. I've never been a huge fan of tremolos... but try tightening the claw once you have the corret guagge of strings you plan to continue using on the guitar. Tighten it to the correct position, tuning every couple of degrees you bring it down so that you know the tension is right when you bring it down to where it should be.

Chris

Do springs lose some of their tension too over time? I don't want to go with a hard tail, and I don't really know much about Floyd Rose trems. I heard that switching to a trem that has a large steel block will give increased sustain, so I thought that the bridge might be the next best place to go after upgrading the pickups. Can anyone direct me to a website where I can learn more about all the different types of bridges and how to change a bridge on a guitar? It seems like its just a matter of unscrewing a few screws and putting the new one in, but I just like to do some consulting before I do this just in case there's more to this job than meets the eye. Anytime I try searching for a bridge info on the web I just get a ton of guitar parts websites, so I was curious if anyone knew of a good website for guitar bridges because I didn't find much info on the project guitar website. Thanks,

-Steve

yes springs do lose their tension but not in a few years mine still work on my guitar and its over 15 years old (note thats older than i am). not sure on the website. but it would be more than a matter of changing screws such as if you were to change from a strat style trem to a floyd rose trem