5 Way Rotary Switch In Oz (melbourne)

mingus

Hi,

I'm looking for a 5 way, 4 pole switch for a PRS style wiring job (2 humbukers, 1 vol, 1 tone, 5 way rotary switch), and can't fing the rotary switch anywhere. Stew Mac doesn't seem to sell them, guitarelectronics.com has them but shipping is $55 to australia, and Dick Smith and jaycar don't stock them either.

Does anyone know where i can get one from?

Mingus

Hi,

I'm looking for a 5 way, 4 pole switch for a PRS style wiring job (2 humbukers, 1 vol, 1 tone, 5 way rotary switch), and can't fing the rotary switch anywhere. Stew Mac doesn't seem to sell them, guitarelectronics.com has them but shipping is $55 to australia, and Dick Smith and jaycar don't stock them either.

Does anyone know where i can get one from?

Mingus

Hi Mingus - Im in NSW. and couldn;t find those switches in Oz either. But you can get them at mouser in the US, heres the product link:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=di...e_pcodeid=01019

I have one on each pup of my LP. they are a well made switch.

John

Dick Smith don't have anything these days, they dont even qualify as a component supplier.

Jaycar should have them.(dont have the new catalogue handy though, so perhaps they have dropped it)

Rs and Farnell should be able to sell you the switch you need, other wise they sell the wafers to build them your self, recently I helped somebody assemble a 3way 9 pole switch. :D

Not sure how those two companies treat joe public though, last time I was at the auckland RS they had a sign on the door telling you to go away if you didn't know what you're talking about. But give them a try, you should get a good deal from Farnell at least.

Mr Alex