Carbon Fiber Neck

Does anyone know were i can get some info about carbon fiber neck. I'm searching specs for laminate thickness, how they are build (construction), hi modulus or low modulus, carbon/carbon or epoxy/carbon? I know that Modulus have a patent on the concept, but i want to made one for me.

Philippe

If they've got a patent, do a patent search.

It's gonna be expensive if you don't have the tooling, and you will very likely have to do a bunch of experimenting before you get it right.

If we can build guitar with rasps and jig saw we can do anything :D C/f is expensive but for a neck you can put 50$can for the material... and a another 50$ for a strong fiberglass mold. If you know a friend with a vacuum pump you're in buisness

Philippe :D

Hi there...

check out this thread, unfortunatly the pics have gone but there are detail ideas and links on making a composite neck. There have been a few discussions related to using alternative materials, try searching carbon in all forum areas to see more stuff.

Welcome to PG and good luck with that... pete :D

Hi there...

check out this thread, unfortunatly the pics have gone but there are detail ideas and links on making a composite neck.

Sorry, but i can't see this thread (no links) but i'll search "carbon" on this forum. Thanks fryovanni for the links, it's a realy interesting discution on composite.

I will complete my brother's project (a mahogany telecaster) and by the end of the summer i'll began my master model for my carbon project. I work as a modelmaker for the aerospace industry so it's a inevitable project!

thanks for your help!

Philippe

Hi there...

check out this thread, unfortunatly the pics have gone but there are detail ideas and links on making a composite neck.

Sorry, but i can't see this thread (no links) but i'll search "carbon" on this forum. Thanks fryovanni for the links, it's a realy interesting discution on composite.

I will complete my brother's project (a mahogany telecaster) and by the end of the summer i'll began my master model for my carbon project. I work as a modelmaker for the aerospace industry so it's a inevitable project!

thanks for your help!

Philippe

You make models for the aerospace industry. Very cool :D . I am sure I will need some advice on how to work with these new materials. Now I know who to pester with my rookie questions.

Peace,Rich

You can definately do carbon fibre at home. I think it goes along the same lines as glasss fibre, when I was researching it I came accross a guy that made a bike frame at home.

I don't think it goes he same as commercial CF as there was no pressure cooking involved.

Don't have the link anymore, sorry dude. This place is good though:

http://www.fibreglast.com/contentpages-mai...Center-283.html

Good luck and keep us infomed on progress.