Beginner Needs Help With A Three Pickup Coil Tap

barry

Well, I intend to hot rod a Squier Japan Strat. I'm uprading everything and refinishing the body. I am going to put GFS Li'l Killers in the place of the stock pickups and want to know if someone can show me or point me to a drawing of wiring each pickup to be split. I thought I would be able to use push-pull pots on all the tone/volume knobs, one for each. Can anyone help?

You could use a push-pull pot in each position for eac of the pickups. That would work. You could also use a three pole double throw switch that you can find if you look. That woul tap all three with one click. If you want to do each individually and mix them then go for the push pull option.

You could use a push-pull pot in each position for eac of the pickups. That would work. You could also use a three pole double throw switch that you can find if you look. That woul tap all three with one click. If you want to do each individually and mix them then go for the push pull option.

Thanks so much. I was thinking of the three pole switch but I really want to tap the coils individually, so I'll go with your puh-pull in each position. Another question: can you tell me what type of pots to use? The Li'l Killer pickups are very hot. 500K?