Yet Another Wiring Diagram Question

TGwaH

Sorry guys, but I've been wracking my brains for a few days trying to figure this out.

Here is my non-artist rendering of the wiring diagram, or at least what I have thus far, it is far from a completed diagram.

johnnywiringdiagram.jpg

What I have thus far was derived from the following diagrams.

Instructions included with the SD Stag Mag Humbucker I'm using the set up listed under "Paralell Wiring" What is the chasis of the DPDT switch grounded to? Is the shield ground listed the bare wire I have soldered to the volume pot?

Wiring for 2 Humbuckers 1 vol, 1 tone, 3 way switch

and

P-90

The P90 (it's a GFS P90 which has yet to arrive in the mail) at the bridge in case my Da Vinci like talents didn't shine through. I'm not even sure how this is supposed to hook up. I initially had it just going to the back of the pot as the 2nd humbucker in the 2nd link does, but that just doesn't seem right when looking at the P90 diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Could you state that as a question?

Your P90 should have two wires. One goes to the 3-way selector switch - the one you have open, and the other to the back of the volume pot.

Which wire goes where depends on the phase of the pickups and I'm afraid I can't help you there.

The bare wire on an SD humbucker is the ground.

Could you state that as a question?

No :D

Yep, hot wire from the P90 will go to the other lug of the 3-way and the other wire is naturally ground. Pretty simple, as you've already done the hard part.

Figures I'd do the hard part but blank on the easy bit d'oh. :D

So it would look something like this then?

johnnywiringdiagram2.jpg

Edited by TGwaH

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd keep this all together

Figures I'd do the hard part but blank on the easy bit d'oh. :D

I've got the guitar all wired up, the humbucker is split and sounds fantastic, the problem, as aluded to in the quote comes from the P90. I'm getting some output from it, but only when I have the volume pot AND the amp cranked to ten. Even then it's faint and not at all adequate.

Maybe I need an amp that goes to 11? :D

If you have a meter, set the selector so that the neck pickup is selected and measure the resistance from the back of the volume control to the selector switch where the wire from the P-90 is connected. If you get an infinity reading, send the pickup back to Jay for a replacement as it is open.

If you get a suitable reading (don't know around 8-9K maybe?) then check the solder connection and the selector switch contact.