Re-fret Or Re-shape

Sorry guys, don't mean to flood the board with my questions, but...

As long as I'm re-building the Rocket, I want to 'fix' the neck too. It has jumbo frets and I really hate them. I much prefer lower, flatter, skinnier frets (like the old Gibson style, or even Fender style).

I'm wondering which makes most sense to do: should I reshape the existing frets, using the tools I have here, or should I try to refret the guitar.

I've never done any fretting or fretwork, so I figure either one will give me experience working with that --although I'll practice on a different neck first anyway.

It's a rosewood fretboard, unbound, by the way.

For new frets, I have a coil of wire that I like here. I can also re-use frets off the beater fretboards I have here. And I have a coil of jumbo wire I bought by accident--I'll be using that for practicing.

What's your opinion on this?

Sorry guys, don't mean to flood the board with my questions, but...

As long as I'm re-building the Rocket, I want to 'fix' the neck too. It has jumbo frets and I really hate them. I much prefer lower, flatter, skinnier frets (like the old Gibson style, or even Fender style).

I'm wondering which makes most sense to do: should I reshape the existing frets, using the tools I have here, or should I try to refret the guitar.

I've never done any fretting or fretwork, so I figure either one will give me experience working with that --although I'll practice on a different neck first anyway.

It's a rosewood fretboard, unbound, by the way.

For new frets, I have a coil of wire that I like here. I can also re-use frets off the beater fretboards I have here. And I have a coil of jumbo wire I bought by accident--I'll be using that for practicing.

What's your opinion on this?