Japanese Sen Ash

Jehle

I read an artical in a magazine recently that talked about how many of the 70's Jap Strats were made from a local wood there called Sen Ash. It's not a proper Ash at all, but it does have similar wood grain and color.

Now, my favorite guitar (that I didn't make that is) just happens to be made of this wood come to find out. I love that guitar for its snappy tone and its ultra light weight. I want to get my hands on some Japanese Sen to build my next creation. The only problem is, I can't find Sen Ash anywhere.

Anyone ever hear of this stuff before? Anyone know a source?

Thanks!

I read an artical in a magazine recently that talked about how many of the 70's Jap Strats were made from a local wood there called Sen Ash. It's not a proper Ash at all, but it does have similar wood grain and color.

Now, my favorite guitar (that I didn't make that is) just happens to be made of this wood come to find out. I love that guitar for its snappy tone and its ultra light weight. I want to get my hands on some Japanese Sen to build my next creation. The only problem is, I can't find Sen Ash anywhere.

Anyone ever hear of this stuff before? Anyone know a source?

Thanks!

Not sure if this helps but Blade Guitars uses sen ash in their RH-4 model. Maybe they would be kind enough to give you a supplier's name?