Semour Duncan Question.

jay66

I have a set of Semour duncans in a guitar. A distortion bridge and a 59 in the neck. I have noticed a slight ringing sound as a note or chord decays. Both pickups do this, I have another guitar with Duncans in it that dosn't do this. So I don't think its normal. Any Ideas?

I have a set of Semour duncans in a guitar. A distortion bridge and a 59 in the neck. I have noticed a slight ringing sound as a note or chord decays. Both pickups do this, I have another guitar with Duncans in it that dosn't do this. So I don't think its normal. Any Ideas?

What is the difference (brand, type, tremolo or no... etc) between the two guitars?

Does this happen through the same cable through to the amp, or are there different effect stompboxes in between? Are we talking about the same speaker cab, same amp... etc, etc.

liddle mo info pleze.

The guitar with the problem is Northern black ash the other guitar is mahogany With a maple cap. Both TOM bridges. Same cable same amp no stomp box. Could the type of wood cause these pickups to to make a ringing sound? Are Duncans known to be overly bright PUPS?

Edited by jay66