ON/ON Mini-Switch DPDT and 2 Pickups

Rocket

on one of the sides ot three, put the wires on neck to the top lug, output to the middle lug, and bridge to the bottom lug.

00- neck

00- output

00- bridge

you dont use the other side.

so you mean i would be

neck -0-0

out -0-0

brid -0-0

??

but what about grounding it? my guess was the middle lug on the side I didn't use would go to ground but I'm not sure, that's why I ask.

First of all, the contacts on these mini-toggles are usually the reverse of the switch position. So if you place your toggle to move up-and-down, if you want the upper position to be your neck pickup you would have to connect it to the lower contacts and connect your bridge pickup to the upper contacts. So it would be like this:

brid ---0-0

out ----0-0

neck---0-0

If you didn't use one side, you could ground all 3 unused lugs and it might help a bit with shielding (theoretically) but I doubt we could hear a difference. It's more important to have the switch body grounded and that should already be taken care of by being in physical contact with the shielded control cavity or shielded pick-guard. Just make sure that the shields of your cables all meet somewhere (usually soldered to the back of the volume or tone control).