Toggle Switch Problem...

Justin G.E.

For a 2-singlecoil system, I am running a 3-position on/on/on mini-toggle and I am curious if anyone knows exactly which poles are 'activated' (bad word choice, i know) for each of the 3 positions (neck, neck/bridge, bridge). Thanks

For a 2-singlecoil system, I am running a 3-position on/on/on mini-toggle and I am curious if anyone knows exactly which poles are 'activated' (bad word choice, i know) for each of the 3 positions (neck, neck/bridge, bridge). Thanks

( X = pole, +++ indicates continuity. --- indicates no continuity )

"UP" position = X +++ X --- X

Center position = X +++ X +++ X

"DOWN" position = X +++ X --- X

The center pole is your common, which should be connected to the hot terminal on your volume pot. One outside pole is connected to the neck pickup hot lead, the other pole to the bridge pickup hot lead. If the switching turns out "backwards" just swap the outside poles.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. But I should have mentioned that it is a 6-terminal switch. Thanks again.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. But I should have mentioned that it is a 6-terminal switch. Thanks again.

No problem. :D

You've got a double-pole switch (aka DPDT center-on). It's basically two of the switches I described in one common housing. Just use one side of it.