Anyone Ever Use...

vanemeth

second answer first no you dont need it there are several guitar players that dont use one

instead they use a kill switch as in an on/off switch

as for two volumes there are two ways i can think of

one is for a humbucker. each coil goes to one pot the you can blend them together

or cut either out for a single coil thus lowering the output/increasing noise but a brighter sound

the other way would be with a on/on switch to roll back the volume at an instant

like a preset

ive never tried two pots in series but does not sound like a good idea as the last pot

would still determin the overall output hope this helps

second answer first no you dont need it there are several guitar players that dont use one

instead they use a kill switch as in an on/off switch

as for two volumes there are two ways i can think of

one is for a humbucker. each coil goes to one pot the you can blend them together

or cut either out for a single coil thus lowering the output/increasing noise but a brighter sound

the other way would be with a on/on switch to roll back the volume at an instant

like a preset

ive never tried two pots in series but does not sound like a good idea as the last pot

would still determin the overall output hope this helps

Thanks wasn't sure if one pot would determine over all volume or output. Just curious about this because I noticed some people on here who where getting away from tone controls on some of thier builds..