My First Project (in Progress)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya its best to be carefull =)

Well i found two places where i can use a bandsaw so i should be cutting out the wings soon. But i need to buy my truss rod before i cut out the neck because it would be easyer to route it out if the wood is a rectangle.

Il let you guys know as soon as i have some more progress =)

Edited by travismoore

Hi got abit of progress and should be cutting out the wings tomorrow yay :D

Just marked out the shape and put it next 2 the maple looks pritty cool =)

http://travisguitars.tagenmmorpg.com

Edit: I also found the pick-ups i want for £80 (new) which is £70 cheaper then i was origionally going to spend so thats nice and easy on my wallet =)

Edited by travismoore

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry no progress in while its been slow progress neck and fretboard still are not cut.

But i have managed to get the truss rod slot cut out and truss rod arrived about a week ago.

Also i have reolised i could actually start shaping the horns on my bass because no pressure

will be needed there when gluing it to the neck so here's a pic of the top horn roughly carved out.

tophornvc0.jpg

Also there is the truss rod slot plus truss rod pic on my Site.

Enjoy,

Travis

Nikola Adamovic is indeed a great builder and a great guy, maurits and I met him when we bought our Zebrano and all out other woods, infact he sold it to us! He's giving bass building courses now aswell, you just sign up and start building then if you have any problems you can just swing by his workshop and he'll help you out.

• 2 weeks later...