1998 Epiphone Lp Limited Edition - Am I In Heaven?

So, here's the deal. I went to Guitar Center to get strings. I walked out with an Epiphone LP LE sparkle top for $400. Honestly, the thing plays better than any LP I've ever touched. Is this unusual? I've played Epiphones before and they're alright for beginner guitars and not much else. But this, holy crap, I just sat there sweeping for about an hour (much to the annoyance of my employer). The neck and action are just superb. Even the pickups sound great. Did I get a good deal here or am I just overly excited about finding an Epiphone that sounds + plays well?

What are some great finds that you guys weren't expecting?

Some of those Epiphones are really good, especially older ones. And used gear is often set-up a heck of a lot better than new stuff. You figure if it's been around for eight years there's a good chance someone took the time to set it up right whereas a lot of the stuff at guitar center is sold w/ straight factory settings which tend te be a little lacking in my opinion.

It's been my experience w/ inexpensive guitars that there's a slightly greater chance of there being something horribly wrong w/ it but most of them, w/ a proper setup, are pretty much in the same ballpark as more expensive models and you can even get lucky and find something better. It looks like you did just that. Congratulations on the new guit-fiddle!

It's in basically new condition. Forgot to mention that I got some tuners, three packs of strings, a nice strap, and a large pack of Dunlop picks thrown in too. So really, it was more like $350-360. Anyway, I feel really good about it now. Definitely renewed my faith in some people at Guitar Center.