Magnetic Acoustic Pickups

GGW

I'm looking for an electric guitar pickup that will sound like a magnetic acoustic sound hole pickup. I've had a Dean Markely sound hole pickup and heard others and like the sound. I'd like to experiement with putting this type of pickup in an electric guitar but I'm not sure what electric guitar packaged pickups have the same qualities.

I've considered a lipstick style, only because of the descrition at WD Music for the Kent Armstrong:

WD Music

I'm also looking at the EMG-FT because they show it in a mount for a bouzouki:

EMG-B

Any comments on these or other ideas?

I've also looked at the sound hole pickups but don't see one that could be mounted in a solid body guitar and look like it was meant to be there.

Have you tried taking one of those pickups you like and holding it over the strings of an electric to see if it gives the sound you want? If not, you might be hoping for a sound you cannot get with a solid body electric.

I'm looking for an electric guitar pickup that will sound like a magnetic acoustic sound hole pickup. I've had a Dean Markely sound hole pickup and heard others and like the sound. I'd like to experiement with putting this type of pickup in an electric guitar but I'm not sure what electric guitar packaged pickups have the same qualities.

I've considered a lipstick style, only because of the descrition at WD Music for the Kent Armstrong:

WD Music

I'm also looking at the EMG-FT because they show it in a mount for a bouzouki:

EMG-B

Any comments on these or other ideas?

I've also looked at the sound hole pickups but don't see one that could be mounted in a solid body guitar and look like it was meant to be there.

Have you tried taking one of those pickups you like and holding it over the strings of an electric to see if it gives the sound you want? If not, you might be hoping for a sound you cannot get with a solid body electric.

I've tried it and it's got the general sound. My plan was to see if I can construct a hollow/chambered guitar with electric pickups that will sound as acoustic as possible. The sound hole pickups seem to be either single coils or humbucking, but the coil resistances and shapes vary between models so I'm having trouble deturmining if they are one of the standard pickup comfigurations in a different package or something else.