Guitar Reranch Nitro Cans

Ghwar

Hey, I have 2 strats both with poly finish (i'm actually not sure if they're polyester, or polyurethane, whatever. they're poly something, lol)

And I wanna refinish them in nitro, always have wanted to, I like how it looks, and i like how it sounds. ( I think the poly finish is very thick, it kills some of my sustain, and looks quite modern)

I don't think I wanna clear coat it, is that neccessary? I want it to look 60's-ish strat

Anyway.. is guitar reranch any good? I was thinking of just doing olympic white on both with no clear coat, and maybe a slight reliccing. I really like the look of my friend's original 62' fender strat. it doesnt seem to have a clear coat left on it, it's very thin, sounds good, and the paint itself looks good

I'm a little confused since Nitro is a clear coat, but be that as it may, I have experimented with Reraunch product and have found them to be quite good. Follow the steps listed on the Reraunch site and you would get a really nice looking guitar.

Oh. so if i buy like a can of olympic white, it has a clear coat "built in" so to speak? then why do they sell clear coats seperately?

Nitrocellulose ("nitro") is a type of lacquer. It can be a clear finish coat or have dyes or pigments added for color coats.

As far as using Reranch products, everything you need to know is in Reranch 101. There is also a forum at the Reranch site and Bill Lester, owner of the company, is more than happy to answer questions via email.

Check out the forum there. There are plenty of pics where people get great results with Reranch products.

Also, if you want the strat to yellow like a vintage one, it will be in your interest to use clear.

Edited by custom22