Would you consider this unfair?

johnuk

Johnuk, why did you pay 50$ in the first place? Real Gotoh SG381's shouldn't retail for more then 30-35$ not trying to make fun here or anything i'm actually curious, cause it doesn't say that they're locking tuners or have any of the cool features like magnum lock, HAP, or lubri coat..

No problem,

It's a combination of things. Firstly it's the first time I'm buying most of this stuff, and although I usually try to be as careful as possible the second factor comes into play literally 80% of the time. That factor is how I can actually pay for stuff. I started looking at getting a genuine Visa or Credit card and the bank just goes nuts on people my age now, it's like they're selling you double glazing. They want the absolute maximum risk factor for you to run a debt into and rake the interest in for them. So I kind of gave up with all the messing around to get one sorted. As a result, I can only pay using my -Electron- Visa, that's far from a normal Visa.

Of all the online stores I try with this card, I could really count the ones which will accept it on one hand. Luckily, Paypal will accept it. There are no real luthier supply places round here, so most of the stuff I buy I do so from Ebay. It was only when I tried that I realised Stewmac would actually accept my card! What makes Setch's point worse is that I have actually ordered parts from Stewmac, and could have got the tuners from them at the same time.

If he refunds the tuners and doesn't just replace them, I now know of somewhere I can get them other than Stewmac or the US which will be a lot cheaper.

Most of my ebay stuff I get a lot cheaper than I would usually. I was able to easily get twice what I bought a TIG welder for on there and the same for a Lexicon processor I had fun with! Too much good luck.... it was destined to happen! :D

once its all straightened out i would to 3 things:

1. contact Gotoh-If he's a dealer im sure they'll investigate

2. contact Ebay

3. leave feedback thats appropriate and descriptive.

this guy is definitley pulling a bait and switch. Ebay and Gotoh are not likely to be happy.

Neither of them will care. Ebay couldnt care less, and they arent going to kick off a frequent seller for this, especially when he claims its a mistake.

Gotoh couldnt care for the same reasons.

Put it down to experience, and learn from it.