My Warmoth Build

This is my second build in Taiwan (I say this because I have built some including some warmoth bodies and necks, a carvin bolt kit, and saga kits while I was still in the USA). The first build (well not really a build, more like a modification) was a 2004 Fender American Deluxe strat origionally finished in "amber" (read that to mean clear coated alder with amber tint). I stripped the thick poly and refinished it with lacquer in 3 tone sunburst. My second build is a Warmoth Swamp Ash body from showcase. The wood grain isn't perfect, there are lots of wild grain and the end grain looks a little ugly due to black stains. The neck was a custom made Standard Thin neck, 6115 stainless steel fret (identical to Tom Andersons I think), 10-16 radius, abalone inlay, maple (regular rock hard maple) neck with pau ferro fretboard. The neck is finished in tinted lacquer with a Fender logo placed on it. The body is in the process of drying. At first I attempted to do a cherry burst that ended up in a dismal failure, not because it looked bad to begin with, but because of my "wise" move of trying to fix something that isn't broken. So after about several fixes that includes sanding back a burst to narrow the burst, correcting oversprays, and other things, I stripped everything when things started sliding downhill, FAST. I decided to try something new with bursts, this time I sprayed the entire body with yellow tinted lacquer, then burst the edge with transparant orange. I think Warmoth calls this "Tiqula sunburst" or something. I think it looks nice... might try a dragon in the distant future however.

Now another mistake made was that while airbrushing the tint onto the body, I accidently spilled some onto the burst, so I fixed it by sanding some portion of it off then trying to touch it up. Now touching up transparant present a unique challange, because you can never blend them to be as dark so it will always show no matter what, but I decided the end result will be better than one big spot of paint.

Here is the body

IMG_0008.jpg

And this is the neck (front only)

Due to consideration for low bandwidth users, I can't show all the picture, however here is a link to all of them.... if you got questions feel free to post.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/rahimiiii/

I am going to use Gotoh Wilkinson VS100N (same as what Warmoth sells) which is on order from stewmac now... then the tuner will be Schaller locking tuner (already got it), and pickups will most likely be DiMarzio Blue Valvet, on a prewired pickguard from Rothstein music. I will probably go for either Voodoo plus or Blenders... I still haven't decided on a pickguard color, should I use white, black, pearl, tortoise, black pearl, or dark black pearl? I like pearl pickguard because it looks custom but they do cost more...