Current Projects

Thanks Jason and Jon, I can't take all the credit though. Mother nature supplied the beautiful materials...

that came out so amazingly, great work. how much room is there between the tip of the lower horn and the fingerboard? the first guitar i built has a lower horn very similar to that, and an issue i used to run into was when playing up high i'd hit the horn, cause it was too close, but maybe on a bass thats not an issue, as technique up high probably varies dramatically... course i just now actually measured mine, and its 2 3/4", yours looks a bit wider than that...

I realized I never responded to this. It's actually about 2 3/4 inches. This is something I experienced with the first bass I build with this template and made some changes to give a little more room. The guy who contracted this bass wanted the body width reduced, and the way I accomplished that brought the lower horn closer again. I'll probably reshape it a bit thanks to your timely question :D

So, here's a short clip of me playing it. I'm really just a fretless player but it came out ok I think...

Spalt Bass

Edited by Son of Magni

• 2 months later...