Pink Ivory For A Fretboard?

FA2A

I have a friend with a nice hunk of pink ivory sitting around, just wanted to know what it was like to work with and if anyone has made a fretboard out of it and if so what does it sound,feel and look like, was/is it durable? I'd have to get it kilned I would like to add this to a guitar that will have a pastel blue and pink paint job.

also any other info / insight that anyone would have with this wood that might be over looked.

thanks in advance :D

pink ivory is the hardest wood ive ever used; the only thing i used it for on a guiter(bass) was the nut and truss cover; i used it for borders on lil boxes and stuff;

but ya, harder than ebony; loses a little of its colour after getting it sanded, it takes to an awsome polish; and i dont see why it wouldnt be perfect for a fingerboard; ive never been in the vicinty of a piece large enuff to really do anything that big; and if you dont use it, can i buy it?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use it :'( sorry. but the guy that has it said he can get his hands on more, I'll let you know if thats the case.

Thanks for the insight on the wood, I'm just now starting to see the value and how rare the wood is, the man that has it isn't able to work on wood now due to the condition of his hands so thats why hes giving it to me, its enough for 1 fretboard, maybe two.

Long story about my computer/camera etc but when I get a new camera I'll be sure to either take pictures of the finished product or if I start this project after I get a camera I'll take some shots of the raw wood.

I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on with it and if he can get his hands on more of it.