Les Paul Recoring / Professional

I have recently rebuilt a Les Paul Recording model; hence the picture of Les and myself at the Iridium club in NYC. It took me about 2 1/2 years to gather the parts and finish the project. I've also had the pleasure of discussing the ins and outs of the electronics system with Tom Doyle, Les's right hand man for over 40 years and luthier with his own line of pickups. I'm happy to answer questions builders may have about the guitar. I'm not an expert, but I've gather quite a bit of info on it. By the way it's a great playing guitar! :D

Congratulations!! I know it's been a long, involved process, it's good to hear that you finished it. Did you end up having to have anything fabricated, or did you manage to find original parts?

NOS, some new stock and original ware. I had another panel made by Chandler and I'm going to have Charles Berge (one of the Gibson graduates still in Kalamazoo who runs a shop & knows Les quite well) engrave it for me. I got the pickups thru a guy in Canada who later became a great friend of mine. He was the premier guitarist of the Toronto - Hamilton area. He also gave me the bridge and a truss cover for it. Unfortunately Mark died in a car wreck in July and never got to see the completed git except in pics. I'm going to wire up his lo-impedence 3 pickup Strat he was in the middle of before he died. A luthier in that area is going to finish the luthier work ( he goes by Mikey). I guess Mark's mates in his band and at the studio will use it. We had Les sign his '59 LP copy. I think his copy is better than the real thing! You can see Mikey's new fretted/fretless bass and guitar invention at mikeyguitar.com . Info on the late Mark Severn can be found at davidwildsmith.com I'll post a few pics and the website when my wife lets me use the computer again as she's frantically finishing her master's program.