Test Panel For New Project

PaintIt

I am starting on a Flying V and thought I would paint a test panel of the main graphic. This is actually on a sport bke windshield that I had laying around. Black basecoat and white underpainting for skull colored with transparent candies. The guitar will have a group of thes skulls with some chains and such I am thinking. Any ideas?

skull.jpg

I will be taking pics of the whole project for a possible how to in an upcoming mag. Thanks for the props on the art. The goal was to make it look realistic and erie at the same time. Using photo references of a real skull make the difference in the realism of the shadowing and highlights opposed to just woring out of your head

Outstanding! If it fits an '04 CBR600 send it my way!!! hehe!

Very good work though. I thought the eye sockets had a larger opening in the backside, but you're the one looking at pics of the real thing.

Very nice, very, very nice. Super air brush work. Are you a professional artist?

Thanks all. As far as being a professional I do get paid for my work so I guess I am in that sense. I really try not to use the artist title I am just a painter really. I have been specializing in high end bicycle paint for about 6 years now completing about 100 frames a year until the hurricanes that hit New Orleans caused me to close my shop and now I have a small home shop. I only take the cool stuff now and will paint a max of 24 frames this year along with the assorted odd objects such as guitars.