Semi-hollow Project

2003_0113Image0002.jpg

2003_0113Image0007.jpg

The light makes the front photo look odd.

I finished the lacquer job and in a few days are ready for sanding, polishing etc.

What is the ideal grit to wet sand with and would a drop of detergent with the water be the best to use?

I have 1500 grit.

Next query for fret work is due to the width of the binding I need to glue the fret ends to wood binding to lock it in place so it wont move or lift. What glue? Super glue, Weld on binding cement?

Edited by Acousticraft

Thanks Mattia for the quick reply. I thought super glue might be the thing to use although the binding cement also acts like a super glue as well.

Yes I will leave the paper in the "F" holes until the finishing work is all done as I don't want any marks inside as they will be very difficult to clean. I will try the 1500 and se how that goes. I also have some ultra-fine buffing compound I may try that as well.

I thought I would find find a nice white masking tape to wrap the wiring to make it as invisible as possible thru the F holes. The only problem is it is so hard to remove if it has been on a long time but I will worry about that when the time comes.

Thanks

The lacquers had about 5 days to cure so is ready for sanding polishing but I still have to glue the fret ends down first where they go over the binding. Then a fret level, crown and polish. After that it is assembly time and final wiring etc and that final moment when the lead goes into the amp and sound bursts forth.