Another Ken Lawrence Style Explorer

Si, soy de Venezuela, pero el quebracho no lo venden en tiendas que venden madera ( de hecho, ya casi no se consigue nada, ni cedro ni caoba) es una guitarra un 90% hecha en Venezuela, hasta la barra de torsion, que hice una copia de una hot rod como las que vende stewart Mac Donald´s

Yeah i´m from Venezuela, but quebracho isn´t sold at lumberyards ( in fact not even spanish cedar or mahogany is found anymore) it is a guitar like 90% made in Venezuela asides from trhe pickups and the hardware, even the truss rod was made here by us, i copied a hot rod truss rod like those sold by stew mac

Cool, Iwill go to PR hopefully a few months after this summer... My family had a big furniture factory and I know that there are some nice caoba stashed that I can salvage!!! I haven't being there in about 4 years so I hope there is still some left!!!

As for cedro, my dad took a look at the top of my Kelly and he said it look like cedro??? Is that the same too?

Cool, Iwill go to PR hopefully a few months after this summer... My family had a big furniture factory and I know that there are some nice caoba stashed that I can salvage!!! I haven't being there in about 4 years so I hope there is still some left!!!

As for cedro, my dad took a look at the top of my Kelly and he said it look like cedro??? Is that the same too?

Hmmm i´ve seen some flamed cedro, but nothing too stunning, i´d take maple any day though, hehe, cedro is about as hard as basswood, í´d say a bit harder though, but i think it would be nice for the wings of a neck thru guitar, specially since i´m using purpleheart for the neck ( which is already very hard to find ) Cedro is spanish cedar BTW which in turn is related to mahogany

Man it's easy, in venezuela it's a forestal reserve called "los caobos" with all mahogany trees, you have to cut one of them, but that definitive sends you ti jail.

Here i can buy some mahogany and other exotic woods.

Yeah but controlled by Chavez goverment which means nobody BUT the goverment or people related to the goverment can cut those trees or whatever, deforestation has become a huge problem under this corrpt and horrible goverment, whatever you hear that is good about Venezuela's goverment is a BIG lie, think cold war USSR kinda lies... :D

Darn Eddie,

I was in Venezuela in 1994. I loved it, just 2 weeks training with an Italian living there on some electronic gate opener control. It was beautiful, at least the little bit I coiuld see. I don't know exactly were I was but it was about 20 min away from the airport.

Sorry to hear that it is so much different now!

Darn Eddie,

I was in Venezuela in 1994. I loved it, just 2 weeks training with an Italian living there on some electronic gate opener control. It was beautiful, at least the little bit I coiuld see. I don't know exactly were I was but it was about 20 min away from the airport.

Sorry to hear that it is so much different now!

It is still beautiful, but the Hugo Chavez goverment is quickly managing to destroy everything that is nice because " it is wrong to be rich" or to have a nice house and car but him and his sidekicks. I returned home a week ago after spoending 2 years in England and Spain because i couldnñ´t stay any longer, and well, we´re heading towards communism, i tell you, whatever you hear he is doing good in Venezuela is a LIE, he hasn´t done anything good and he committed fraud in the elections, anyways back on guitars, a couple pics of my next project, and RG 7 string copy

IMAG0001-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd.../IMAG0002-1.jpg

Edited by eddiewarlock