Need Inspiration For A Guitar Stand

Hi all.

In my search i have found what is a very informative siteand forum .I couldn't ask for more!

As the tittle sudgest's.I want to design and build a electric guitar stand from steel.I would buy one .But i'm a competant welder and would get more satifaction from making one myself.

Can anyone post some picture's or link me to some site's of pictures of stand's.

i'll even post up the progress Pic's.

Many thanks in advance

Gra

Hi all.

In my search i have found what is a very informative siteand forum .I couldn't ask for more!

As the tittle sudgest's.I want to design and build a electric guitar stand from steel.I would buy one .But i'm a competant welder and would get more satifaction from making one myself.

Can anyone post some picture's or link me to some site's of pictures of stand's.

i'll even post up the progress Pic's.

Many thanks in advance

Gra

Just do a Google Image Search - you'll get almost 200 images of guitar stands - Google Search - guitar stand. That should provide you with plenty of ideas to start.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Rob

Just do a Google Image Search - you'll get almost 200 images of guitar stands - Google Search - guitar stand. That should provide you with plenty of ideas to start.

I like the first one when you do an image search. Looks cool and easy to do.

3/8" aluminum tube and a good TIG welder would work better.

that's because TIG welding is hard. :D

Thank's Guy's i never thought about using the Google image search .On the case.

Thanks Gra :D

I'm glad that was helpful. Google is an amazing tool and I've used it to great effect in researching all types of subjects. A useful and simple thing to do when searching is to start with a conventional search and then switch over to the image search. You'll be surprised at how many more results you'll get that way. You can take this another step by then switching to another search engine and performing the same steps. You'll get a lot of duplication but you'll also come up with some hits that are unique to each engine. Each search engine has a slightly different formula for how it indexes content which you can use to your own advantage.

Regards,

Rob

2003_0124Image0006.jpg

2003_0124Image0003.jpg

I been to busy finishing my guitar to stop and take a pic of my stand. This stand sort of evolved from a length of rod I had at home. it could be made more simply than i have done it. I covered it with than foam rubber as I had some laying around, they use it for insulating hot water pipes but plastic tubing would be fine.