Argh!...

I think this is where to put this...

So my strap disbanded and my Paul fell to the floor...smashing the input jackplate. I bought a gibson creme jackplate...not the right size. Screw holes are different...and color is different. So I had on of my coworkers call Allparts....they don't make an epiphone Les Paul jackplate. Anybody know where I can get one? I'm pretty desperate by now and any help is amazingly appreciated!

I think this is where to put this...

So my strap disbanded and my Paul fell to the floor...smashing the input jackplate. I bought a gibson creme jackplate...not the right size. Screw holes are different...and color is different. So I had on of my coworkers call Allparts....they don't make an epiphone Les Paul jackplate. Anybody know where I can get one? I'm pretty desperate by now and any help is amazingly appreciated!

You can ask a mod to move this topic to the Solid Body and Bass Chat section, that might get more responses. Also, post a picture of the damage --it sounds like only the plate got smashed? Not the wood or the finish?

You might try writing to Epiphone --at least here in Europe, their reps are really helpful, I had a bunch of questions for them and got plenty of emails back. Otherwise, there are plenty of other sellers out there who might have a plate to match your screw holes. Check out ebay for example.

And you also have the option of filling in the old holes and redrilling for new holes. Do a search in the Solid Body section, you'll find plenty of advice on how to do that.

Oh yeah, and while you're shopping, buy yourself a set of strap-locks. I like the Schaller, I put the buttons on all my guitars, that way I don't have to buy a bunch of straps.

You can ask a mod to move this topic to the Solid Body and Bass Chat section, that might get more responses. Also, post a picture of the damage --it sounds like only the plate got smashed? Not the wood or the finish?

PM sent. :D Yep, only the plate...both finish and wood are fine.

You might try

writing to Epiphone --at least here in Europe, their reps are really helpful, I had a bunch of questions for them and got plenty of emails back. Otherwise, there are plenty of other sellers out there who might have a plate to match your screw holes. Check out ebay for example.

I should try emailing epiphone if I can...a coworker talked to Allparts and they said their wasn't much hope unless I upgrade to metal...which I still doubt the screwholes are the same.

And you also have the option of filling in the old holes and redrilling for new holes. Do a search in the Solid Body section, you'll find plenty of advice on how to do that.

I'd be too worried about doing that just yet...

Oh yeah, and while you're shopping, buy yourself a set of strap-locks. I like the Schaller, I put the buttons on all my guitars, that way I don't have to buy a bunch of straps.

Bought a set the day after I mashed my guitar's potato...

Edited by BJC132003