Belton Molotow Premium

Mickguard

Strange that I find no mention of Belton Molotow Premium when I search --does this not exist in the States? Has anyone tried this brand?

It's a nitro-alkyd paint --they also have transparent colors and clear lacquer in this line, which is what interests me. Seems to be all the rage in the grafitti world. I'm wondering if it's suitable for guitars?

My understanding is that Deft spray can lacquer is also nitro-alkyd?

I've been paying 11 euros a can for acrylic stuff...I've found nitro-cellulose cans at only two places, and they're charging 13.50 euros for a can. I can buy this Belton paint online for less than 4 euros a can.

Molotow brand paints are eastern europe based as far as I know. And yes, they and Montana cans are all the rage in the graffiti world. Never used either on guitars... yet. I do have a bunch of Montanas ready for a strat refinish so I can let you know how that turns out. They should also be selling at around the 5 euro price.

Edited by Jaam

Molotow brand paints are eastern europe based as far as I know. And yes, they and Montana cans are all the rage in the graffiti world. Never used either on guitars... yet. I do have a bunch of Montanas ready for a strat refinish so I can let you know how that turns out. They should also be selling at around the 5 euro price.

I've seen the Montanas too--I'm pretty sure they're acrylic. But I want to give nitro a try this time out.

Belton/Molotow/Kwasny also makes Auto-K ...I know there's a nitro-cellulose varnish in that line, except that it's labeled as 'satin' --does that mean it won't give a glossy finish at all, or is that because nitro finishes are always 'satin' (i.e., less glossy than acrylic or polyester or whatever)? It's also absurdly expensive-- 8 euros for 150 ml can.

It's hard to know who makes Belton--I thought it's a German company? Although the only other reference to nitro-alkyd I've found is from a paint factory in Russia.

I know that there are two Montanas--the one in Spain claims to be the real thing.

I've never seen coloured transparents in rattlecans before....

but then again I haven't really been looking very hard.

I've tried a couple, but they're automotive paints for coloring windshields, things like that. I'm not sure how well they'd work with this nitro-alkyd stuff.

I'm in touch with Molotow though, they recommend Clou sealer, whatever that is.