3 Done 1 In Progress.

I started building guitars for my sons because they're both leftys. My oldest wanted a white EXPLORER . We couldn't find one. So I said, how hard could it be to build one.

This is my 1st .

100_1368.jpg

The 2nd

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/gri...rs/100_1365.jpg

The 3rd

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/gri...rs/100_2684.jpg

There are spinners on the body with flashing LED lites. The 4th still in progess http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/gri...rs/100_2797.jpg

Edited by Maiden69
Only one pic per post!!!

Wow. All look good, but #2 and #4 really strike me as very cool and original designs. Very cool idea on the tuning for the 12-string, although I'd be a little concerned about those angles behind the tailpiece. Also, I would be scared of slitting my wrists playing number 4! :D

Now a barrage of questions:

How much of the work do you do yourself? Did you do the necks and fretboards? How are the electronics on the double neck set up?

Wow. All look good, but #2 and #4 really strike me as very cool and original designs. Very cool idea on the tuning for the 12-string, although I'd be a little concerned about those angles behind the tailpiece. Also, I would be scared of slitting my wrists playing number 4! :D

Now a barrage of questions:

How much of the work do you do yourself? Did you do the necks and fretboards? How are the electronics on the double neck set up?

Hello, I do all the work myself even with the lack of equipment.On the 4th guitar the tremolo I designed and built myself .As for the necks, I don't build them , but I have starting one.I have to try one at least.The electronics are setup up as the 12&6 strings have their own 2 volume, 1 tone and 3 way switch with another 3 way to switch between the 2 of them. Thanks. Mark.

WOW! Really some amazing instruments you have here! Especially that second one, the setup seems quite original to me and I love the usage of the metal bars around the body. Also that fourth one blows me away with the sharp angles and creative headstock.

One last thing, the third picture link does not work for me.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see the last one finished!!

Whoa those are insane

In a good way

about the last one;

1. Is that some kind of custom trem you are making or do my eyes decieve?

2. Do you have to be careful when moving from a fret near the headstock to one near the body, cos it looks like your hand could get a bit of a spiking in the pic :D

-----------------------------------

edit:

On the 4th guitar the tremolo I designed and built myself
I should read more carefully Edited by Ben

Whoa those are insane

In a good way

about the last one;

2. Do you have to be careful when moving from a fret near the headstock to one near the body, cos it looks like your hand could get a bit of a spiking in the pic :D

edit:

I should read more carefully

Hello, And thank you . Yes the tremolo is homemade. I designed it very simple because I don't have a CNC machine . Just a belt sander to shape and saws.There is lots of room to slide the hand on the neck .

Whoa those are insane

In a good way

about the last one;

edit:

I should read more carefully

Hello, And thank you . Yes the tremolo is homemade. I designed it very simple because I don't have a CNC machine . Just a belt sander to shape and saws.There is lots of room to slide the hand on the neck .

I'd be very interested in seeing some more of that tremolo

And also the verdict when you've tried it :D