Headless Trem System

The only vendor I've seen that sells these is Reid and Son Violin Company on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Reid-and-Son-Violin...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm. You could try contacting them to see about availability.

There are other sources for headless hardware as well. Here's a list I put together a while back - Headless Guitar Resources for the Guitar Builder. BTW - I did not list them because of their inability to provide any information on the product.

BTW - What's your impression of the bridge?

Regards,

Rob

Hi 70sguy

I'm build headless in 6 month ago.

I hope find new trem in soon.

Very nice! I see you based it off the Klein Electric like I did with mine! :D

329242811_902f04381f.jpg

Here's my latest blog entry on my build - Guitar Build - First Ergonomic Guitar Build Nears Completion.

I'm curious - you're looking for a new trem for..? Are you looking to replace the existing one or are you looking at a new build? Maybe you should start a thread about it. :D I'd love to hear more about your build as well as any future plans.

Regards,

Rob

The only vendor I've seen that sells these is Reid and Son Violin Company on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Reid-and-Son-Violin...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm. You could try contacting them to see about availability.

There are other sources for headless hardware as well. Here's a list I put together a while back - Headless Guitar Resources for the Guitar Builder. BTW - I did not list them because of their inability to provide any information on the product.

BTW - What's your impression of the bridge?

Regards,

Rob

I like it OK. It stays in tune and seems to be built good, except the casting of the frame where the trem spring anchors looks like a weak point. Time will tell. I also like the fact that it takes standard strings not double end. I paid the same price as music yo advertises for a steinberger R trem and would rather have that but at the time this was available and the steinberger wasn't.

Hi 70sguy

I'm build headless in 6 month ago.

I hope find new trem in soon.

Very nice! I see you based it off the Klein Electric like I did with mine! :D

329242811_902f04381f.jpg

Here's my latest blog entry on my build - Guitar Build - First Ergonomic Guitar Build Nears Completion.

I'm curious - you're looking for a new trem for..? Are you looking to replace the existing one or are you looking at a new build? Maybe you should start a thread about it. :D I'd love to hear more about your build as well as any future plans.

Regards,

Rob

It's a new build. This one is going to be special. It is headless but in a differnt way. lots of custom touches. I will post a photo when its far enough along. This is going to be my best yet!

Music Yo (gibson cheesily named website for aquired brands) sell them...

The basic one is quite cheep.

Yup, but almost never in stock, and doesn't include the headpiece, which makes it only half-useful. The Synapse headpiece costs more than the R-Trem. You could use a locking nut and a "surrogate heastock" that's removable and only used for tuning up, but it's not quite the same.

Greg

Musicyo's inability to keep the part in stock is what got me looking for alternative solutions. If you're not averse to a fixed bridge then several guitar builders have come up with excellent alternatives. Two in particular stand out and I wrote about them on my blog as possible alternatives for a future build. The first one is by luthier Todd Keehn - a very cool guy who I had the opportunity to chat with a bit. Here's the post - Alternative Headless Guitar Design - TK Instruments. More recently, I wrote about a similar solution by Scott French - Alternative Headless Guitar Design - Scott French.

Regards,

Rob