Brazilian Rosewood

i recently found a source that could offer some brazilian rosewood but i need to know it's qualities before i take the plunge

stuff like, how hard is it to work with (bend), it's tone, is it porous, and anything else i would need to know about it

i know you Masters of the Art have worked with it before

No master here, but maybe you could get a responce from several seasoned pro's and even a couple masters over at the OLF(online luthiers forum).

I would not recommend spending $500-$3000(for legal pre-ban) Brazillian Rosewood back and sides. If you do not have your building down pretty good. Of course if money is no issue then you can use what ever you want.

A guitar built with student grade woods can sound really amazing if built and voiced well. A guitar built with the most expensive woods available will sound lame if it is not built and voiced well. Seriously ask this exact question at the OLF. The membership is very honest, helpful, and supportive. You will also get honest feedback from luthiers that have the kind of experience you are looking for.

Peace, and good luck finding your answers.

Rich

i recently found a source that could offer some brazilian rosewood but i need to know it's qualities before i take the plunge

stuff like, how hard is it to work with (bend), it's tone, is it porous, and anything else i would need to know about it

i know you Masters of the Art have worked with it before

Hi there.

brazilian rosewood is a little hard to work, it clogs sandpaper easily because it has lots of oil. Bends very well, easy. The tone is amazing and it is porous. lots of pore filling to do. smells nice too! great wood. great tone!

:D