Carving Neck Angle

OK, I've laid out a full scale drawing of my bass and found I need a 2 degree neck angle, ala Perry. I've gone over Setch's carving tutorial but I'm not sure how to rout/carve a 2 degree angle into my body blank. I know how to do a typical Fender neck pocket with my router/template, but the angle has me stumped. Any pointers on technique/tools?

Be gentle, I'm very new at this...... :D

OK, I've laid out a full scale drawing of my bass and found I need a 2 degree neck angle, ala Perry. I've gone over Setch's carving tutorial but I'm not sure how to rout/carve a 2 degree angle into my body blank. I know how to do a typical Fender neck pocket with my router/template, but the angle has me stumped. Any pointers on technique/tools?

Be gentle, I'm very new at this...... :D

Hey, after 4 searches I finally found a post that talked about Myka's neck jig and I found his web site. Very cool, I'm going to have to make one for sure. It's a pretty simple solution and has other potential uses too. You may thrash me now for not finding it sooner!

A less high-tech method: prop up the back edge of your template. (That's essentially what the Myka jig does, but that's a lot to build for just a single guitar)

Both suggestions are nice alternatives. Making 2 degree props would certainly be easier, although the jig looks like it would have multiple uses. My plan is building maybe 2 basses for my own edification, nothing more, nothing less. I've repaired/refinished numerous basses, but have the urge to try my hand at building one from scratch. So, it will be a self taught/forum searching experience for me. If it turns out to be fun, I might do more. Just have to wait and see.