Artec Circuits As Foot Pedals?

Mickguard

I bought one of these.

They make a number of other circuits (and I'm pretty sure what guitarfetish is selling is the same thing).

I'm planning on building it into the next guitar, except that because the body is only 35 mm and the circuit requires at least 30 mm, I'm not so sure now. It should work if I use an extra-thick pickguard.

But then I started wondering: is it possible to adapt this as a simple foot pedal? Can I simply attach an input jack instead of the guitars volume control? And I could add a footswitch to turn it on and off (or actually function as a kill switch or bypass--the circuit would simply be on all the time)

It would be easy enough to build this into my pedalboard.

Even cooler would be to somehow mount it on its side, and add a mini- foot pedal of some sort.

I'm also looking at a couple others, but I'm not sure of the difference between them: BCU and EXP

You could easily make that into a foot pedal. The info to do it is all freely available on the internet. You might want to look around Geofex for a tutorial. You could cannibalize an old Crybaby or something if you wanted to be able to adjust it on the fly. In fact, I have a couple old wah pedals set aside for just this purpose, but I haven't gotten around to using them yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also looking at a couple others, but I'm not sure of the difference between them: BCU and EXP

Check out http://www.guitarheads.net/main%20pages/pr...electronics.htm click on the info for eaxch and theres some sound samples which may help you. I installed a QDD 2 onto my main axe a few days ago so far its working great but im thinking of what i can do to mod it afor a bit more variety in the gain. Which is something to bearin mind if you use them in a pedal is the limits/tonal possibilities you can get from each 1 compared to buying a cheap (say danelectro)pedal and taking the insides out to use for a custom built pedal.