Teak For A Neck

The sonic propertiews are not great - it's really oily, but not that hard, so it has very high damping.

It's also very heavy and difficult to glue with conventional woodglues.

IMO, not a great choice for a tonewood, but I am willing to be corrected if anyone has actually tried it...

When you get into rosewoods and oily, dense, stiff necks. I find it hard to nail down what to expect. I have had a piece of Honduran Rosewood for a while now that I intend to use in the future. I plan to use my neck design that I have come to prefer. It is a bolt on design, and I us the same scale and placement from neck to neck. This allows me to exchange necks and hear some of the differences. It can be really hard to tell what is causing differences in sound when you use different bodies, with different bracing and woods, different scales or bridge placement and so on and so forth. Maybe some day I will be able to give an edjucated opinion on these topics. Till then I just have to lump these type of woods together and figure they will give a little darker or mellower sound.

Peace,Rich