Newbs First Batch Of Swirls

ok i'm back in business. Its been a long month!.

I just got in from the shop from spraying my next 2 projects.I will post pics tomorrow.

I bought a little fender squier bullet for 50 bucks a few weeks ago. The owner had tried to paint it black over a foam green color.It didn't work out so well so he sold it to me.It is now my guinea pig. I stripped it down along with the body of my trusty old beat up RG750 (Metallic Red).

I sprayed them both neon yellow,while i was at the store i found some neon green paint similar to the LNG, i want to try as well.I need another body now!! dam!

I am going to swirl over top the neon yellow base coat. green,pink,and orange.

I tested 2 more pallets tonight and the first one was pretty good the other was not. It was too late to get pics but i'll get them ASAP.I want to do a few more tests because i have not worked with newer paint as much.

W

ok i'm back in business. Its been a long month!.

I just got in from the shop from spraying my next 2 projects.I will post pics tomorrow.

I bought a little fender squier bullet for 50 bucks a few weeks ago. The owner had tried to paint it black over a foam green color.It didn't work out so well so he sold it to me.It is now my guinea pig. I stripped it down along with the body of my trusty old beat up RG750 (Metallic Red).

I sprayed them both neon yellow,while i was at the store i found some neon green paint similar to the LNG, i want to try as well.I need another body now!! dam!

I am going to swirl over top the neon yellow base coat. green,pink,and orange.

I tested 2 more pallets tonight and the first one was pretty good the other was not. It was too late to get pics but i'll get them ASAP.I want to do a few more tests because i have not worked with newer paint as much.

W

ok the pics are up,not much to show yet but will will be swirling this weekend.BTW they look way more yellow in person.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s153/shrly2/

I'm interested in seeing a new batch. I remember seeing a video of someone doing a swirl and I found it amazing. I can imagine that it is not an easy thing to accomplish. I hope that you find the results you are looking for. They all look pretty cool to me, I must say that I am not a huge swirl fan and really not into paint at all(I like wood, lol), but I still find swirls very cool especially the process in which they are made. You mentioned trying a bigger bucket and when thinking of the video I saw, this might make a significant difference in results. It seems that the paint attaches through a layer on the surface and if that area was small it would affect how it worked. Also like you said you cannot move the body around much either, which is something I saw a little of in the video. Any how they seem to be getting better as you go and thats what experience does is help us improve, so keep at it and keep the pics coming. Good luck and keep us posted. J

hey, it coming along pretty nicely, i really like the green and blue one !

keep it up :D

thanks for the feedback guys, i found some interesting models masters paint in the hobby shop and some florescent orange sign paint,i am going to try next.

with new paint comes more expirimentation to get the right consistency.

swirlslave:

i used the armor coat flourescent yellow like you were planning to.The pics i posted showed the guitars with one coat on it.Since i'm swirling over it i think i'll only need 1 coat.In person they are very yellow,in the pics they look at little duller.I think if you were going to do a flat color with this type of paint multiple coats would be the way to go,also i found in my tests the color became darker the closer i held the can to the wood.

i hope to have some new swirls to show sunday night!!

W