Shipping

I am about to move (back) to Atlanta. A while ago (I don't know where) I saw some boxes online that were perfect for shipping an acoustic guitar. They were like 5-10 bucks a piece, made of cardboard, and looked like just the ticket.

Any thoughts? It's a really cheap guitar buy I enjoy her.

Since you seem to be willing to pay 5-10 bucks for the box, maybe do this : Go into a music store that sells some new American made acoustic guitars, and say " Hi, I want to buy a set of strings, but first, can you tell me if you could give me a good acoustic guitar shipping box ?" If they say no, leave, don't buy the damn strings either.

Go into a music store that sells some new American made acoustic guitars,

or any other nationality.

boy you collonials are Xenophobic!!!!

Eh? I think his point is that US-made guitars tend to be packed in better shipping boxes than far-east imports, and you're very unlikely to find stores in the US carrying quality factory instruments from, say Australia (not many Maton dealers).

The monetary value of the guitar should not necessarily reflect the value of the case you use. Regardless if its a cheap guita or not, it still has value to you, ie. you like playing it. So why take the chance of it getting crushed by putting it in a flimsy cardboard box? Just buy a hardshell case for 50 or 60 bucks and have done with it.