Just Got A Big Muff Clone

Samba Pa Ti

I have been looking for a big muff for a while, and the russian muffs seem to have dissapeared from all the usual places, so i decided to get a behringer VD1 and try that, i heard some negative reviews that they dont work with solidstates well (i think its all BS) the pedal sounds pretty good, lots of sustain and plenty of fuzz where it matters.

The real magic happend when i plugged it between my korg ampworks and the guitar (using the (digital) wah setting on the korg pedal i can force some crazy sounds out of the guitar) it seems to double the wah effect and add more vowel sounds to it (i can only assume the wah effect sounds better with distortion), i was a little dissapointed with the korg pedal when i got it, but now it has redeemed itself!

Only bad things i can say about the behringer (the casing a bit cheap and doesnt seem really solid, it hums a little if i touch it, and the knobs are horrid, i shall be getting 3 chickenhead bakerlite ones ASAP!).

As for sound quality compared to the real deal (the EH bigmuff) i dont know what a real one sounds like to compare it, so im not really dissapointed, it just sounds like a fuzz face with sustain IMHO.

~edited so my drivel makes sense :D

just had a sneaky look inside and comparing it to parts listed on the guitargadgets site, it appears all the numbering inside this behringer pedal is identical to the one on GGG

heres my blurry picture of the innerds (not much of them) http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/3523/dscf0069su5.jpg

bill of materials from GGG http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_bmp_bom.pdf

near the bottom where d1.d2.d3.d4 are listed they are on the photo on the bottom left of the circuit board various other parts seem to match up (near enough anyway).

no wonder everyone Sue'd behringer for copying pedals... lol

Edited by Samba Pa Ti