Walnut Sitka Cutaway Mini Jumbo

OK troops time for a step by step, more for my ego than anything, but hey, if you find anything more important than my ego I want it taken outside & shot!!

Time scale is a quickie. I want this strung before the end of June. Its a "pay it forward" project. A number of people have been REAL good to me so I'm passing the goodness on. A young worship leader somewhere in Northern Ireland will be getting a new guitar before christmas. He or she doesn't know it yet, because he/she hasn't been found yet. I have a bunch of folks thinking & praying about nominations. All I know is that it won't cost them anything. (and they'll be right handed!! if a lefty comes to my attention, the next "pay it forward" axe might be a lefty)

BTW, if you haven't seen the film, "Pay it forward" is a goodie. the world would be a better place if more people saw this film and acted on it.........

So, using the same jumbo shaped mould that I used for the zouk, and the oak & granadillo guitars. I like the shape, but I'm going to make a cutaway too.

top is AA sitka spruce with a LITTLE bearclaw figure which you wont really see in the pix til it's under finish....... so a few weeks anyway!!

40600413.jpg

so, top halves joined and a bit of basic Jommetry.....

the centre of the soundhole is 145mm from where the 14th fret meets the body.

the soundhole is 100mm diameter

the cutaway in this pic is rough. the real one will be bent freehand.......

Interesting choice on the ladder bracing(removing a ladder in the lower bout area) especially for a small Jumbo. I saw the neck block and thought man that is beefy. Then I recalled why you did that. How does the extra bit you spliced in look? Looks like a healthy tenion on this one also. Is there a bit of a gap between the back and the neck block, or is that a shadow in the pic?

Man, you sure are pumping out the guitars. Is this #4 or 5 this year?

Peace,Rich